Mario's running on our wall!

It had been about two months since we shifted into our new home in Bangalore, and every weekend we would make such grand plans of printing posters and sticking them up. This one particular Saturday we even forced ourselves to sit down before ordering lunch to spend an hour searching for posters and discussing ideas.

We ended up watching friends. 

This procrastination happened for almost a month, until I sat down and forced myself to it all on my own - it's almost always impossible to motivate a group to get things done if there's no deadline. I made a list of things I like/liked as a child, but just couldn't find worthy high resolution graphics that I could download without paying.

So here's what I did. I used to play Nintendo Gameboy a lot as a child, Super Mario Bros was my favorite game. I googled a whole lot of Mario grahics - the bricks, the clouds, the bushes, the coins, (which to be honest was quite tough) and resized them to all match the same size ratio. My (finally motivated) flatmates helped me cut them out and stick them on the wall. Cutting them out was quite difficult, especially the bushes that had infinite curves. Fun fact, the bushes and the clouds are identical! We thought of the level design without referring to an existing level.


So this was my Saturday spent well, and it was a lot of fun! If you'd like to make your own Mario level, I've collated the graphics in a file - Download the Mario characters and level graphics here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Breaking News] AI takes over universe to calculate Pi

Firebase Auth | The Debug vs Release Signature Problem

Cold Showers