Just Average

Be the average man, the one if randomly picked from a group of identically average people, could represent just anybody.
Let each day pass under its own circumstances, today, just the same as yesterday, letting the sole change setter, if any, be the minor perturbations life may bring. Don't actively think-ahead, plan in detail what you'd like to have achieved by the end of each week. Be tolerant, be just okay, with every new hardship. Settle, don't struggle too hard, be just okay if you can't achieve your already not-so-high aspirations.

-

I did a small experiment with myself. For 2 weeks, I spent each day without planning ahead. I met all friends that invited me, I made all the easy decisions, slept for longer hours, didn't complain of not being able to do as much as I'd planned; because I'd planned nothing in the first place. I printed a calendar and wrote down what I did at the end of each day.

I conclude it's far too easy being average. If we let our environment, our friend circle make decisions for us, we're going to be the same as everyone else. Being just okay isn't too far from happiness if you can let yourself be the tolerant-average.
But on a lighter note, if we were all fine being just average,
we'd still be scratching our backs somewhere in Africa.

And an accompanying video.

Comments

  1. Would that be so bad though? We scratching our backs?
    If I happy, I don't care If I primate or I tech savvy, crescent shaped back couch potato! :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

[Breaking News] AI takes over universe to calculate Pi

Firebase Auth | The Debug vs Release Signature Problem

Cold Showers